Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sunset Over the Hodgepodge

We're talking simple and sunsets at the Hodgepodge today. Thanks to Joyce for hosting, and always giving us something to think about on a Wednesday. Click on the button to pay her a visit.


Here are her questions and my answers.
1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
A couple days mid-week at the lake with good friends. Just what the doctor ordered. :)

2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini?  What's your peach pleasure?
I like peaches just fresh and plain, and son Jonathan loves to eat them like an apple - as long as they're firm. I have a great peach recipe shared by my friend Jill: Peach Batter Cake. Delicious!

3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
I think it is always good to step out of our comfort zone. That sometimes includes doing something that scares us. It's how we grow.

4. What's your favorite household chore?  Yes-you have to name one.
I am not likely to use 'favorite' and 'household chore' in the same sentence. But if I have to, I guess I'll say doing laundry. Because I've had so much practice.

5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:

Butterfly Beach in Santa Monica CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.

Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots?  If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose?  Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?

I love to watch a good sunset. I have not enjoyed a sunset from any of the places on the list. I would be happy to jet off to Martha's Vineyard this weekend for a chance to see a sunset there.

The prettiest sunsets I have seen are from Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman.
Truly spectacular, and particularly special when shared with family (and Boomie's rum punch).
My favorite sunset photo is this one, taken a few years ago.
And we occasionally enjoy a great sunset right here at Sweetwater Lake. My brother says 'God's showing off' on those nights. What a beautiful world He has created for us to experience. God is so good.

6. What's your favorite or most used app?  If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
Instagram. I used to use it just for editing. Now it's my favorite social media. Quick and easy, and so much fun to share photos. 

7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far. 
Keeping faith in the circle of life.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Two days at the lake with old good friends. Ruthann feeling well enough to come. Dinner at Big Woods. Lots of laughter. Priceless.

No comments: