Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Run for the Hodgepodge

Just a quick little Hodgepodge today during my lunch break from jury duty. Be sure to click on the button below to visit our hostess Joyce!

1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
Well, there was that sudden little hail storm at the hardware store, but that's about it.

2. What is the nature of compassion?  Is it learned or innate?  Can compassion blearned?  If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
I think compassion can be innate, and there are surely folks who are born with a tender and caring heart, but is also taught and learned by example. I have been blessed to have examples of compassion in my life, especially my parents and in-laws. I hope what I have learned from them, and others in my life, has been reflected in me and passed on to our children.
A wise thought by the Dalai Lama:
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
Romantic comedy is by far my favorite movie genre. I want to be entertained with a good story, I want to laugh, and I want to walk away feeling happy about the ending. Here are a couple that fill the bill.

My favorite scene from My Best Friend's Wedding: 
'I'll Say a Little Prayer for You.'

And of course, Pretty Woman. "I want the fairy tale."


4.  It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
Well, I am a sports fan, and I enjoy the atmosphere of the stadium or ballpark, but not so much for the food. Last summer, I made my first trip to Wrigley Field in Chicago.
My brother and I took my dad for his 80th birthday. We had a great time.
As for food, though, I'll choose roast beef at the Ritz. Small filet, please. :)

5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
I don't know if this is considered my community or my city, but this old barn of ours definitely needs fixing. Poor PeeWee still lives there. Not sure it's gonna happen though....


6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
It's almost Derby time! I'll share one of my favorites, by Dan Fogelberg, Run for the Roses. Enjoy!



7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets?  That wasn't the question you were expecting was it? 
Nope. And no it wasn't. :)


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
A beautiful sunrise,

a beautiful friend,

a beautiful daughter (with a cardboard paint salesman).

No comments: