Friday, April 5, 2013

It's a Night Fever Five Question Friday

I am linking up with Mama M. today for Five Question Friday. I have followed her blog for a little while, and this is the first time I have gotten a chance to join the fun. And, as she says, that's the most important part! If you look at the complete name of her blog, it is 'Five Kids, Five Crooked Halos...'
You can see why I like her!


So here we go with the questions:

1. Would you go to your high school reunion?
I have been to every high school reunion since I graduated. (We have them every 5 years.) It helps when you still live in the town where you went to high school. We have one coming up this year, in fact, scheduled for the fall. I enjoy them, and even more so since I have gotten older. Ahem.
Here is a photo from our last reunion. Still rockin' after 30 years. Wait, did I say 30? That can't be right....
Yes, disco was king, and we were 'Stayin' Alive.'

2. What's something that you've recently splurged on; either for yourself or someone else?
Buying a ticket for this guy (the baby of the family) to take a second spring break and join the rest of the family in Grand Cayman. Worth every penny!

3. How do you handle your child's fever?
Well, since my youngest child is 22 (see him above), it has been a while since I have had to handle a fever. I do remember that I could most accurately determine if one of our kids had a fever by touching his or her stomach. No foreheads for this family. Then it was dose 'em up with Tylenol and stay close until the fever broke. Thankfully, our kids didn't get sick too often. Of course, there was the chicken pox episode, when 4 kids AND hubby got it in the same round. Fun times.

4. What's the nicest thing to happen to you lately?
Finding out that these two will be welcoming our fourth grandchild in early September. God is good.

5. What is your current favorite song?
This was a little hard for me, and it made me realize that I'm not listening to much 'current' music. It also made me think of last summer, and the song that was the favorite lake song, on the dock, and on the boat, with big kids and little kids alike.
Can you guess what it was?
Of course you can. And we had a lot of fun with 'Call Me Maybe.' In fact, pretty much the whole world did. (And I will confess to actually liking the catchiness of the tune.)

The one I decided on for my current favorite is Chris Tomlin's Our God. Not a new song, but oh so powerful. And He is. Greater. Healer. Awesome in power. Our God. You can hear it below.



Have a great Friday!

No comments: