Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Jim on Vacation

Jim and I spent a long weekend in New Orleans to see my Saints play. More on that later.

We had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather, eating way too much delicious food, and taking in the sights and sounds of the French Quarter. More on that later, too.

I do want to share several photos of Jim 'enjoying' his vacation. Now, while I like my iPhone as well as the next guy, I'm often using it to take photos. It's true, I have 3,538 photos on my phone. I know, crazy. I also do my share of Facebook, email, and texting to keep in touch with friends and family.
Jim, however, finds it difficult to tear himself away from his mobile devices. And he's not taking pictures.

So in his honor, I thought I would compose a little post-vacation poem for your enjoyment.

Waiting to board in Indy, he's checking up on email.

He's online in the air, while I'm thinking about a cocktail.

Charging up in Dallas, must find power to tap.

In our room in NOLA, it's time for a power nap.

He's very good at napping, while shopping or at home,

He even caught a couple winks in the noise of the Superdome.

His computer is beloved, indeed, it's never far away,

Nor is his phone, and just to ask, is it safe to text on a jetway?

Sometimes to it he's listening, and I try not to complain,

But this is what I see as I line up to board the plane. Bon Voyage!
Love you Jim! Thanks for taking me to NOLA! :)

No comments: