Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No Lion, It's the Hodgepodge

Yay for Wednesday, and another Hodgepodge. It's a busy week here at the old homestead, with two little granddaughters spending the week with us while their parents are on vacation. Having a toddler and a crawler around takes me back to those by-gone days when I was a young mom. I am no longer a young mom. :)
We are having a great time with the little ones, and I am loving their smiles, giggles, hugs, and kisses. Truly priceless.
Thanks to Joyce for hosting the Hodgepodge. Enjoy my answers, then click on the button to visit her blog.

1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?
Definitely a big, roaring, ferocious lion. Last Friday afternoon, tornadoes struck several towns in southern Indiana. This is a photo of the high school in Henryville, just a couple hours south of us. Please pray for all those affected by the tornado. Many lost loved ones, homes, churches, and businesses. Clean up and relief efforts have begun, and the needs are great. There are many ways to give, and many agencies accepting donations. The United Methodist Church is just one of many groups working to give assistance and hope to the areas devastated by the storm. They have given some suggestions for ways to help, including prayer.

2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free), or Alex (Madagascar)? You may notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you.
Of course, it's The Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz. It's always been a favorite of mine, and our children loved it too. And who could resist the cute little cowardly lion in the picture below?
Halloween 1988
Jonathan 16 months, Andrew 4, Jennifer almost 3, David almost 6

3. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?
I would have a favorite spot to view the sunrise, if it started later in the day.
My favorite place to watch the sunset is Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman Island.
Best. Sunset. Ever. These are just a few of my favorite sunset photos from past trips.





4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?
I have most often heard it said that knowledge is power. Being well-informed is the best way to make wise decisions. Right now, that's all the deep thinking I can manage.

5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently?
 I don't know if it's peculiar, but I thought this was a mighty fancy suit this guy was wearing.


6. Bottled water...your thoughts?
Bottled water is nice for convenience sometimes, like on hot days at a ball game, or at the county fair, but I'm fine drinking plain old well water from the faucet.

7. What's your strongest sense?
My children would probably say it's my hearing, but I think it is my sense of smell. Both can be a blessing and a curse in a family where boys are the majority. I would like to invent a vehicle with an exhaust fan. Just sayin'.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are just 52 days away from the wedding of our daughter Jennifer, and her fiance, Bryan. It is so much fun, and a little hectic, getting every detail planned and finished. On Saturday, she was given a wonderful shower, including a delicious brunch, a sweet candy bar, and many lovely and useful gifts. Here she is back at our house sorting the gifts, showing them to Bryan, and packing them up to take to her house, which will soon be their home together. It is such an exciting time for them, and it is a blessing to see the love that they share as they plan their future together.

No comments: