Saturday, March 17, 2012

Green Day

I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day in a big way. In fact, it reminds me a little too much of the guy in the photo below. Truthfully, I find him rather creepy.

Certainly not as handsome as this guy. But that's a story for another day.

We celebrated this St. Patrick's Day with Bryan and Jennifer. They are not afraid to wear the green. Nice pants, Bryan!

We went Italian instead of Irish, and enjoyed a delicious tasting of the food upon which we will be feasting at their rehearsal dinner in just a few short weeks.

For the appetizer, bruschetta and mozzarella marinara. Yum!

Jennifer asked for the sparkling pomegranate soda. Very tasty.

We enjoyed salad, pasta, a couple of main course entrees, and of course, dessert. Now you may remember that I gave up dessert for Lent. Thanks to my sister-in-law, who sent me the following message this morning, I was able to have a bite (or two). "From Moody Radio: St. Patrick's Day is generally observed by lifting of Lenten bans of particular food and spirits in appreciation of St. Patrick who brought the Christian faith to Ireland." Thanks St. Patrick (and Janet)!

Tiramisu, and in the background, N.Y. Style Cheesecake. I know. It was almost gone before I took the picture.

Vera's Lemon Cookies. Also yum!

After we were stuffed to the gills a great lunch, we did a little shopping, and then went to a movie. I've been wanting to see this movie since I first saw the poster for it in Dayton. It's called Jon Jeff, Who Lives at Home. It's about a 30 year old man who is living in his mother's basement. Sound familiar? While the movie was not what I had expected, there are similarities between the main character and our Jon. In the movie, Jeff is played by Jason Segel (Marshall on How I Met Your Mother). He is a big, lovable, teddy bear of a guy, much like our Jon. I guess being big and lovable is what allows a guy to continue to live in his mother's basement. There's also a funny scene when Jeff and his brother hurry to hide behind a pop machine and Jeff says, "Are you kidding? I'm gigantic." So like our Jon. Though the movie has some tough parts, Jeff turns out to be a hero in the end. I guess there's hope for all the basement dwellers out there.

Jennifer and Bryan at the movie. She informed me, down to the second, how much time is left before the wedding. Did you know there's an app for that?
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: