Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hail to the Hodgepodge

Hodgepodge Wednesday, so here we go! Join in to answer the questions, then link up with Joyce and check out what the others have to say.


1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?
This is a tough one for me, because I would like to meet them all.  I loved visiting Mount Vernon, Monticello, and Lincoln's Boyhood Home, which is right here in Indiana. Because he spent time in the Hoosier State, I will have to choose Lincoln. I admire his humble beginnings, his quiet dignity, his passion for equality, and the fact that he traipsed the beautiful hills of southern Indiana.

2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?
I have lots of favorites, and my choice would depend on the time and the occasion.
Because I have visited recently, I will choose The Cheesecake Factory. You definitely don't go away hungry.

3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to steal borrow it-

When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?
I am hoping I will say it was good. Having lunch with the group in #6 below would make it a certainty. :)

4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?
I like grapefruit, but given the choice, I would choose an orange, served in sections.

5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?
You may remember the last time I cleaned out a closet. I blogged about it because it was such a momentous occasion. And I still can't believe I actually posted this picture on the Internets.
Before:


And after. Not perfect, but better.

Is there a closet in my home that needs cleaning, you ask? It would be simpler to ask if there is a closet in my home that doesn't need cleaning. I belong to the school of thought that a closet should be shut and not seen.
What am I waiting for, you ask? The closet fairy, of course. I know she'll be coming along any day now.

6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?
For the purpose of my selection, I am choosing from among those still living, and I'm assuming Jesus would already be with us (you know, wherever two or more are gathered...).  I would like to have lunch with George Strait, Sandi Patty, and Drew Brees. Oh, and could I have Ree Drummond cook for us? And maybe it could be around her table. Sounds lovely.

7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?
Since I was very a little intimidated by my driver's ed teacher, Mr. G, my mom and I practiced parallel parking until I had it mastered. So I would say I'm a 10. I always wanted to say that.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was able to spend some time yesterday with my three little Valentines.
Matthew was hard at work on his lunar module model.

Haleigh just enjoys life as a two year old.

And Ella was celebrating her nine month check up.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner with them, complete with a special Valentine dessert. <3

No comments: