Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Time Flies Tuesday

I have, in our family archives, hundreds thousands of not-well-organized photos. So I thought it might be fun, on a weekly basis, to dig out some of these gems to share here on the blog. My blogger friend Joyce posted a photo of her family this week, very similar to the one below, which gave me the idea and inspiration for a weekly 'vintage' post. Thanks, Joyce!

This photo was taken at a park in Cincinnati at a reunion of Jim's family. Since he's the youngest of five, it's quite a group. As I remember, it was very chilly that day, and we weren't sure we should take the children (or ourselves) out in the cold to take the photos. We all survived, though, and I think the pictures turned out much nicer than if we had taken them in the hotel.

Of course, as always, our outfits were carefully coordinated. Jennifer and I even had matching sweaters. And truth be told? I could go upstairs and pretty easily put my hands on these outfits right this minute. Can you say hoarder? One of these days, I should really clean out some closets....

This was fall, 1991, so their ages were 9, 7, 6, 4, and 1. Just look at that cute little Jonathan standing in back. Look at all that hair!

This is a picture of Grandma and Grandpa, with all 15 grandchildren, taken the same day. The families are color coordinated, and the ages range from 1-21.
It is always fun when all the cousins get together. It doesn't happen too often, since they are grown up and scattered here and there. Today, this picture would include 14 great-grandchildren!
Grandma recently told me how quickly time passes. She said the years go by, and pretty soon you're 90! Just another reminder of how time flies.

No comments: