Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh, You Make Me Smile for the Hodgepodge

Linking up to the Hodgepodge again this week. Click on the button to visit Joyce at From This Side of the Pond, and join the fun!



1. Do you and your family enjoy camping? What do you enjoy most/like the least when it comes to family camping? When was the last time you camped?

Enjoy? Camping? Do those words even belong in the same sentence? My answer is no. Nope. Uh-uh. No way. Naw. Nah. Non. Unless it is in a Holidome. There were a few years when we all slept out in a tent on the night before the night before school started. I believe Jim's words were, "I slept like a rock. Or was that on a rock?"

2. Did you attend a summer camp when you were a kid? Is that a happy or not so happy memory?

I did attend summer camp when I was a kid, and I loved it. I went with my best friend, to a couple different camps, and my memory of it is a happy one. I can probably still sing some of the camp songs, but I will spare you that treat.

3. Over the course of your life, what have you probably spent more time pondering than anything else?

Pondering. Hmmmmm.... I'll have to ponder that one for a while.

4. Which of the seven natural wonders of the world would you most like to see? There are many lists of 'wonders' but this is the standard natural wonder list-Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janerio, Paricutan Volcano and The Northern Lights.

I think the Great Barrier Reef.

5. What was your first real job?

Babysitting. Does that count? I believe it does, and I always liked it when I was paid by check with "child care" in the memo line. Of course that was for taking care of 6 kids, which definitely counts as a real job. Interesting tidbit is that one of those 6 kids is now my sister-in-law.

6. Lemonade or Sweet tea...which do you prefer on a hot summer day?

I really like them both, but would probably choose sweet tea.

7. What is something that always brings a smile to your face?

My grandchildren, of course.
Matthew, 7.

Haleigh, 16 months.

Ella, 1 month.
{Photos by daughter, Jennifer.}

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Jennifer is moving to her new home next week, and I went up on Monday to help her get started packing boxes. We went to Target to get supplies.


Back at her house, I worked on packing boxes.

And more boxes.

While she did this. 
 

I guess the newly engaged girl just has more important things on her mind than packing. In case you missed the proposal story, you can read about it here, and see the TV news clip here. 

Apparently, she already had a stash of these at her house. Who knew?
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: