Wednesday, June 15, 2011

High Flyin' Hodgepodge

Hodgepodge time again. I wasn't sure I would have time for it this week,
since we're helping Jennifer move into her new house today and tomorrow.
As always, thanks to Joyce for hosting. 
Be sure to hop over and pay her a visit.

1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have a bucket list let's pretend you do.

Hmmm... that's a tough one. Not sure I have a anything on my bucket list, 
but I do know what's not on it.

This.


That's our friend Morgan who decided to try skydiving at age 86. 
He was a man with a positive attitude who just kept "goin' strong" all the days of his life.

My daughter, however, does have it on her bucket list. 
Oh. My. Heavens. 
She bought a Groupon to jump, and even though I offered to pay her full price not to do it, 
she and her friend Shelly headed to the airport on Sunday. 
I prayed. A lot.

Here they are all harnessed up.

They don't look nervous at all.

Shelly's girls posed with them. 
(Sorry I didn't get a picture of Shelly's husband, Matt.)

Not even new fiance, Bryan, could talk her out of it.

Seriously, if it says DANGER on your back, shouldn't you think again??

At the end of the (beautiful) day, however, my prayers were answered. 
There was a problem with the hydraulics on the plane, 
and the last two groups did not get to jump. 
Praise the Lord! 
They do have a raincheck, however, but next time, 
I will know specifically what to pray for. :)

2. What makes a good dad?

This question reminded my of this great card I found. 
I like watching Modern Family, so I thought this card was sooo funny.

I guess if I put it on the blog, it won't be much of a 
surprise for Jim, now, will it? 
Maybe he will forget he saw it here first. 
Shhhhhhhh.....
How about you? Are you a Modern Family fan?

3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones?

Not so much afraid of them, just annoyed sometimes.

4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house?

Juicy burgers, of course. 
Best. Burgers. Ever.

Seasoned with one of our favorites, either this

or this. 
That's Miss America 2009, Katie Stam, 
cousin to our daughter's roommate, 
born and raised just down the road in Seymour, Indiana. 
Yes, we're proud. And she makes some mighty tasty burgers, too.

5. Do you believe that playing is more important than winning?

Well, yes, of course, in theory. 
But winning is always so much more satisfying. 
And in our family, we all like to be winners. 
Makes for some traditionally intense games of euchre, 
or Taboo, or Bananagrams, or Scrabble, or golf, 
or whatever it is we're playing 
(or watching, for that matter).

6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year?

I have never visited a tanning salon. Don't plan to. 
I do get tan in the summer just enjoying being 
outside, lakeside, or poolside. 
I always made sure my children got their checkups.
I'm not so good at remembering to see the doctor myself.

7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would
_______be a blogger!________.

I saw this question on Marla's facebook page and I thought it was perfect for the Hodgepodge. Everyone go say hi to Marla...she has an E-book launching this week.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My sweet little Gumbo got a haircut last week. 
This is the before shot.
And the after. Now he can see!
And he smells much better, too. 
He is pretty much the best dog ever.
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments: