Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Easter Events

Another Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Click on over and join the fun!


1. What are your plans for Easter Day/weekend?

After church, we will go out for brunch with my parents, my brothers and their wives, and three of our five children. Our oldest son, David, and his wife, Shylah, moved to North Carolina in June, and won't be able to join us. We are looking forward to their visit on Memorial Day weekend. Can't wait! Our second son, Andrew, his wife Darci, and their children, will be spending the weekend with Darci's family. After brunch, instead of hunting for eggs, we will most likely be hunting for a spot on the couch for our traditional Easter every Sunday siesta.

And just for fun, a few vintage Easter photos.

1989, hunting for eggs at Nana and Boomie's. It looks like Andrew is already sampling his goodies. Or is he just being uncooperative for the camera?

1990

1991

1995, the Easter of two broken arms (although David's cast is hidden behind Adam).

2. Besides Jesus, what one person from The Bible would you most like to meet and why?

So many interesting possibilities, but I would choose to meet Noah. He makes several appearances around our house in my small collection of arks. This ark is the newest in my collection, given to me by our children a couple years ago for Christmas.


I would like to meet Noah because he's a family man, an animal lover, and a man of great faith. He was strong and obedient, not concerned about what others thought, but trusting God in all things.

"By faith, Noah built a ship in the middle of dry land. He was warned about something he couldn't see, and acted on what he was told. The result? His family was saved. His act of faith drew a sharp line between the evil of the unbelieving world and the rightness of the believing world. As a result, Noah became intimate with God."
Hebrews 11:7 (The Message)


3. What is one modern day convenience you didn't have as a child that was easy to live without?

This question was tricky for me. It was easy to live without things that didn't exist! We didn't even know we were doing without. I did think of today's convenience of music in the palm of your hand. When I was a kid, we had groovy record players, and even groovier cassette players. They came with a little microphone that we used to record ourselves singing/talking/doing all sorts of things and then played it back. Today, you can walk around with music in your ears playing from a credit card sized thingy that fits in your pocket. And seriously, who really needs 10,000 (or some such number) songs in your pocket?

4. Are you more right brained or left brained? If you don't know what that means there is an interesting little quiz here.

I would definitely say I am more right brained. First of all, I'm left handed. And second of all, I want nothing to do with anything related to numbers. Someone attempting to explain anything mathematical to me ends up sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher. Does anyone remember that? Also, I'm creative, possibly even a bit artistic. However, when I took the little quiz, I came out almost evenly matched between right and left brained. Interesting.


5. What is something you intended to do today but didn't? Why?

I intended to go to the grocery to pick up a few things. I try to avoid that task until absolutely necessary. Just not my favorite.

6. Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reeses peanut butter?

I like them both, but I would definitely take Cadbury Creme Eggs. Everyone else in the family would choose Reeses. Soo... when the Easter Bunny brings Cadbury Eggs, guess who gets to eat them? That bunny's a smart one, for sure.  :)


7. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?

I would say my favorite was Lucy of Peanuts fame. Lucy van Pelt, actually. Did you know her last name? I loved the Peanuts characters for all their different personalities. I also liked to try to draw them myself. I liked Lucy because she was also the older sister, and she thought she was pretty good at almost everything. I wasn't nearly as bossy as she was though. But I guess we should ask my brothers about that.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The NFL team schedules came out today. If they can stop their fussing, and actually have a season, I hope to see my favorite team

play a home game,

hopefully in the rematch of the 2010 Super Bowl, when they played the blue team,


and hopefully, with the same results!

WHO DAT!

No comments: