Tuesday, April 5, 2011

3seams

I found 3seams while surfing the web several months ago. I know, I spend way too much time doing that, but there are just so many neat things and so much good information to be found! I wonder how we ever learned about the world before the internet. But back to 3seams. The organization is celebrating its 1-year anniversary this week, and it has been fun to follow along as their business and their mission has grown. They make darling dresses and skirts, and everything is made in sets of two. When you purchase a dress, you receive one, and the other goes to a child in need somewhere in the world. Isn't that cool?

The other cool thing is that 3seams is training seamstresses in Port-au-Prince, Haiti to sew these adorable dresses and accessories. They are giving women in Haiti the opportunity to change the course of their lives and a means to support their families. They are giving these women hope.

Most of you know that I have a heart for Haiti. My visits there have been a blessing and an awakening as I keep our friends in Haiti in my heart and in my prayers. 3seams is just another small way to help... to hope.

And the dresses! Can you really resist so much sweetness? I know I can't. But I'm a sucker for little girls in cute dresses. When Inga, from 3seams, posted this picture on Facebook and said that the matching dress was ready to ship, well, I really had no choice did I?

So here is a precious little Haitian sweetie and her twin, my sweet granddaughter Haleigh. So cute! I just want to squeeze them both!



So, the next time you need a beautiful dress for a little girl in your life, remember 3seams. You can check out  their website to learn more, and you can 'like' them on Facebook. Tell them Susan sent you!

No comments: