Thursday, November 11, 2010

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

"We make war that we may live in peace." -Aristotle

Today I would like to thank all the veterans who have served and are currently serving our country.

My dad, James B. Sturges, served in the Marine Corps.
(Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of him in his uniform.)
Thank you, Dad!


My grandpa, Karl W. Hawley, served in the Navy.
Thank you Pampaw!


Jim's dad, John A. Stewart, served in the Coast Guard.
Thank you, Dad!


Jim's uncle, Gilman C. Stewart, served in the Air Force.
Thank you, Uncle Gilman!


Our niece, Natalie, just posted this on her Facebook page:

Dear United States Veteran,
Thank you for all you have sacrificed for my country.
Know that I will never take that for granted.

Well said, Natalie!

"...one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

1 comment:

Jill aka Mommacita said...

What a great tribute to those who have fought for our freedom!!!