Thursday, August 19, 2010

Celebrate! (a little late)

We finally had a chance to celebrate a new house and a big birthday. Never mind that it was about seven months late! We started out with lunch at Cafe Patachou.


Jennifer and I had done a few errands before lunch, and she got a cool pink case for her brand new iPhone 4. She spent part of the day making connections on her new phone.

Jamalyn shows off her Patachou BLT. Very good! Our waiter, Pascal, was French, and reminded me of our infamous exchange student, Thomas.

I had the spinach salad. Jennifer shared some of the strawberries.

Next on the agenda was a stop at Foot Finesse for a relaxing massage. I have never had a massage before, so I didn't really know what to expect. The dim lights, quiet room, and beautiful music made it pretty easy to relax. It was a little less intimidating for me because you don't have to, um, disrobe. For those of you who have had a massage, what was your best (or worst) massage experience?

Jamalyn said she even fell asleep for a bit, and Jennifer said they did some pretty strong work on her shoulders.

Our next stop was for pedicures. Here are Jennifer and Jamalyn drying their toes while Jamalyn gives Jennifer dating advice. :)

And of course, it wouldn't be a celebration without dessert. Last stop was Rock Bottom where I had the Pub Glass Sundae. Yum-my! A great topping to a great day.

No comments: