Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Super Boilermakers

For those of you not on Facebook, I wanted to share this photo of Shylah, David, Matthew and me with the three Boilermakers who have been named Super Bowl MVPs. It was so much fun to have our picture taken with Bob Greise, Drew Brees, and Len Dawson. Bob Greise helped Matthew get his throwing motion pose just right. This was at the annual dinner of the Joe Tiller Chapter of the National Football Foundation held in June at Purdue. The money raised at the dinner funds college scholarships for Indiana high school students.

If you have not yet had the opportunity to read Drew Brees' book, Coming Back Stronger, I would highly recommend it. Of course, I knew I would like it. I would probably enjoy reading his grocery list. But back to the book. He shares about his faith, his commitment to family, and about football, and I would say in that order. He is thankful for the times of adversity in his life, and he truly believes that God has used those times to make him stronger. The book is about much more than football, and is an inspiring and motivating story for readers of any age. Buy the book. Or I would be happy to let you borrow my copy!

No comments: