Friday, February 19, 2010

We Are the World 25 for Haiti

Most of you know that my heart has been touched by the opportunities I have had to visit the mountain village of Fondwa, Haiti. My heart has also been broken by the devastation to that community and the country in the aftermath of the January 12 earthquake.

My friend, Pastor David Williamson, will be traveling to Fondwa next week to take supplies, document some of the damage there, and give comfort and support to our Haitian friends. Please pray for him, his group, and the people of Haiti as they begin the journey to rebuild and navigate the "mountains beyond mountains."

If you have not had the chance to see the remake of the song, "We Are the World", I have posted it here. I believe it is worth the 8 minutes it takes to watch it. God bless you.

No comments: