Monday, February 22, 2010

Selah

Jennifer gave me tickets to see the Christian group, Selah, for my birthday. They are one of my favorites, and we were excited to head for Fort Wayne on Saturday to enjoy the concert.


After a quick dinner at Logan's to watch Purdue squeak one out over Illinois, and a little time getting lost in Fort Wayne, we made it to the concert just a few minutes late. It was actually a blessing, because they allowed us to sit in the lower level artists' circle where there were still some available seats.

Selah includes Allan Hall, Amy Perry, and Todd Smith. Their powerful music, shared from the heart, is both a blessing and an inspiration. If you are listening to the music on my blog, the first two songs right now are by Selah. You can learn more about their group, their story, and their music here.

One of my favorite Selah songs is their arrangement of "You Raise Me Up." So powerful. My other favorite is "One Thing I Know." It just speaks to me of God's great love for us. He will never leave us alone. Never.

Todd and his wife, Angie, are expecting their fifth daughter. Their fourth child, Audrey Caroline, was diagnosed with several severe health conditions while Angie was still carrying her, and they were told she would not survive. You can read about their journey, their sorrow, and their great faith on Angie's blog, Bring the Rain.

Todd asked if there were any of Angie's blog readers in the audience, and there were a few of us. He asked us to just send her a comment and tell her how beautiful she is. So sweet. If you check out her blog, I think you'll agree. Inside and out.

They sang another of my favorites, "Through It All." It is written by Andre Crouch, and it always reminds me of the time Amy and I went with Mrs. Huser to his concert when we were in high school. It was an experience.
The words also reminded my just now of our friends in Haiti,

So I thank God for the mountains, and I thank Him for the valleys,
And I thank him for the storms He's brought me through
Cause if I never had a problem,
I wouldn't know that He could solve
them
I wouldn't know what faith in His Word could do.

It was a great concert, and a great day. We were blessed by the music, and blessed by the chance to share a special time together.

No comments: