Friday, September 11, 2009

Think Pink!!

Here is a picture of our grandbaby, due in January. Isn't it amazing that we can actually see pictures of these little ones before they make their appearance into this big bright world?? As my Twitter friend Brad Paisley would say, "Welcome to the future!" or as he says it W2tF (not WTF, which is another thing altogether.)

We just learned on Friday that the baby is a GIRL!! Woo Hoo! Here is her pretty little head.



And this is her pretty little foot. Isn't it just the cutest foot? Is that pink nail polish I see? :)


When I was a little girl, there was a framed print in my room called "What is a Little Girl?" I think it was a baby gift to my parents when I was born. It hung in my room until I went to college, and I could almost recite it by heart. I thought I would share it for this special little girl we are so anxious to meet.

What is a Little Girl?

Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angel shine about them, and though it wears thin sometimes, there is always enough left to lasso your heart.

A little girl can be sweeter, and badder, oftener than anyone else in the world. A girl is innocence playing in the mud, beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot.

Girls are available in five colors -- black, white, red, yellow or brown... yet Mother Nature always manages to select your favorite color when you place your order.

God borrows from many creatures to make a little girl. He uses the song of a bird, the stubbornness of a mule, the slyness of a fox, the softness of a kitten and, to top it all off, He adds the mysterious mind of a woman.

A little girl likes new shoes, party dresses, small animals, dolls, make-believe, dancing lessons, ice cream, and tea parties. She is loudest when you are thinking, the prettiest when she provokes you, the quietest when you want to show her off, and the most flirtatious when she absolutely must not get the best of you again.

Who else can cause you more grief, joy, irritation, satisfaction, embarrassment and genuine delight than this combination of Eve, Salome, and Florence Nightingale?

Just when you patience is ready to crack, when your dreams tumble down and the whole world is a mess, she can make you a king when she climbs on your knee and whispers, "I love you best of all."

No comments: