Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Goodbye Sweet Tiller

I had to say goodbye to sweet Tiller today. It was harder than I thought. Her kidneys were failing and she couldn't/wouldn't eat or drink. She weighed only 3.6 pounds when I took her in. She was a sweet, silly dog. Sure she had a few quirks, but don't we all??

I will miss how she always turned right.

How she peed on the concrete.

How she licked my feet.

How she liked to lie flat with her feet out to the side.

How she spun twice before she hopped out of her crate.

How she sometimes took a little walk back to the creek for a drink.

How she napped in our office while we worked.

How she looked and smelled after getting a fresh haircut.

How she snuggled with me on the couch.

I didn't want her to suffer. I didn't want her to struggle to keep her meds down. I didn't want her to starve. I didn't want her to die. I will miss her.
Good night sweet Tiller. I loved you.

No comments: